Fee Payment Plan (FPP)
*formerly Deferred Payment Plan (DPP)
Overview:The Fee Payment Plan (FPP); formerly known as the Deferred Payment Plan (DPP), allows for qualified registration fees to be paid in five monthly installments. For current registration fee amounts, visit the Registrar's web site. FPP enrollment is established on a per semester basis, not an academic year.
When you enroll in the FPP, you will be required to pay a non-refundable participation fee of $60*. The non-refundable FPP participation fee will be due with the first installment.
*Fee - subject to change (per semester)
Fees and Programs eligible for the Fee Payment Plan include:
Undergraduate and Graduate Fall and Spring Semester Fees:
- Nonresident Supplemental Tuition
- Berkeley Campus Fee
- Student Services Fee
- Class Pass Fee
- Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition
- Law Instructional Materials Fee
- Executive MBA Program
- UC Extension Fall Program for Freshmen
- Evening & Weekend MBA Program (EWMBA)
- Full-time MBA Program
- On-Campus/Online Professional Master of Public Health Program (OOMPH)
Fees and Programs not eligible for the Fee Payment Plan:
- Student Programming and Orientation Fee
- Health Insurance Fee
- Course Materials Fees
- Document Management Fee
- Drop/Add Fees
- Filing Fee
- Professional Program Deposits
- Summer Session Fees
- Master of Financial Engineering Program (MFE)
- Master of Information & Data Science Program (MIDS)
- Summer LLM Program
Deadline to Enroll in FPP:
- Fall 17 semester: September 18, 2017*
- Spring 18 semester: February 12, 2018*
- Summer semester: Not eligible
|Installments||Fall 2017 Term||Spring 2018 Term|
Payment in Full
|August 18||January 12|
|Second Installment||September 18||February 12|
|Third Installment||October 19||March 15|
|Fourth Installment||November 18||April 12|
|Fifth Installment||December 19||May 13|
*Official fee due date is the Friday prior to instruction
How to Enroll:
- FPP enrollment is established on a per semester basis, not an academic year.
- Students will activate FPP through Cal Central by completing 4 easy steps
- Select Plan
- Review Installments
- Complete the Agreement
- Review and Save the Installment Schedule
- Once enrolled, submit payment according to the Installment Schedule
Can someone other than the student activate FPP?
No. Only a student can activate the plan through Cal Central. While a student may give a parent/other person delegate access to view financials and pay bills, only the student can activate the plan.
Do I need to make a payment to activate the plan?
While payment is not required to activate FPP you must pay an amount equal to the first installment by the Friday prior to instruction to avoid cancellation.
I have partial financial aid and want to be on the payment plan. Do I need to make a payment to activate the plan?
Payment will not be required to activate the FPP.
Aid will reduce the balance; FPP will recalculate based on the new balance and installments (still 5) will adjust accordingly.
I mail in my payment. Can someone at UC Berkeley activate the plan for me?
No. In order to participate in the FPP, you must complete the process online.
What happens if I don’t pay my installment by the due date?
If you do not make payment according to the due dates outlined in your Installment Schedule, you may incur late fees and have a block placed on your account.
Is the FPP participation fee refundable?
No. You will be charged a non-refundable $60 fee to participate in the FPP.
Can I set up the FPP for the whole academic year?
You can enroll in the FPP at the beginning of each term. You are not able to enroll for the full academic year. See the “Enrollment” section for details.
How do I cancel the FPP once enrolled?
If you decide you no longer wish to make installment payments under the FPP, simply make a lump sum payment for the remaining balance. This will fulfill the repayment agreement and the FPP will be complete for that term.