Deferred Payment Plan (DPP)
The Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) allows for eligible registration fees to be paid in five monthly installments (20% each). For current registration fee amounts, visit the Registrar's web site.
Once enrolled in DPP, a non-refundable participation fee of $40.00* per semester will be assessed to your CARS account. Please do not pay the participation fee until it is billed.
*Fee subject to change
Fees and Programs eligible for the Deferred Payment Plan include:
- Undergraduate and Graduate Fall and Spring Semester Fees:
- Nonresident Supplemental Tuition
- Berkeley Campus Fee
- Class Pass Fee – Transit
- Health Insurance Fee
- Student Services Fee
- Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition
- Law Instructional Materials Fee
- Executive MBA
- Evening & Weekend MBA Program (EWMBA)
- Full-time MBA
- On-Campus/Online Professional Master of Public Health (OOMPH)
Fees and Programs not eligible for the Deferred Payment Plan:
- Course Materials Fees
- Document Management Fee
- Drop/Add Fees
- Filing Fee
- Professional Program Deposits
- Statement of Intent to Register Fee
- Summer Session Fees
- UC Extension Fall Program for Freshmen
- Master of Financial Engineering (MFE)
- Master of Information & Data Science (MIDS)
- Summer LLM Program
Deadline to Enroll** in DPP:
- Fall semester: September 15th
- Spring semester: February 15th
- Summer semester: Not eligible
**Payment of the first and second installments will be required for those enrolling in DPP after the first installment due date but by applicable DPP deadlines.
Due dates for the installment payments:
|Installments||Fall Term||Spring Term|
|August 15||January 15|
Deadline to Enroll in DPP
|September 15||February 15|
|Third installment||October 15||March 15|
|Fourth installment||November 15||April 15|
|Fifth installment||December 15||May 15|
DPP enrollment is established on a per semester basis, not an academic year.
The DPP installment amount is calculated for eligible students and is displayed in the Message Section of the July, August, December and January CARS billing statements. The installment amount will vary among students as it is calculated based on other charges that may exist at the time the monthly E-Bill is created (i.e., past due charges and charges currently due).
To self-enroll in DPP, you must submit an e-Check payment by the applicable deadline. Follow these steps:
- Log into the Bear Facts web site.
- Select the CARS tab.
- Click on the Monthly E-Bill link.
- Click the "I Agree" button located at the bottom of the page.
- A new window will open to the Statement Summary page.
- Click the Pay Now button.
- Select the “Deferred Payment” amount (this amount cannot be edited).
- Proceed with making payment.
- The account may be assessed a late fee. See section on delinquent accounts.
- A block may be placed on your transcript, diploma and registration for future terms.
- You may be dropped from the rolls, i.e. grades will not post to your transcript until all registration fees for the term are paid in full (applies to December and May installments).
- Other collection actions as determined by the University.