2017-18 PERKINS LOAN BORROWERS
If you’ve been awarded a Perkins Loan for Fall 2017 and/or Spring 2018, please follow the steps below:
1. Accept your loan through CalCentral.
2. You will receive an email from Heartland ECSI (UC Berkeley’s student loan servicer) within 24-48 hours advising you to fulfill the next steps. That email will contain the link to ECSI’s website.
3. You should be able to complete the rest of the process electronically, - OR -
4. You may receive this error message, after three failed ID authentication attempts:
5. Continue with the Entrance Interview Counseling and Quiz
6. View your Rights and Responsibilities, including all links on the page
7. Submit your personal information, as well as next of kin and two references
8. Review the Perkins Loan Extension Act of 2015 disclosure
9. PRINT the Master Promissory Note (available only after entrance counseling has been completed), complete fields 1-6, write your Student ID number at the top, then sign and date in the appropriate areas. If you exit the process without printing, you will have to start over at Step 1 on the ECSI portal. Electronic signatures will NOT be accepted.
10. Deliver your original, wet-ink signed Master Promissory Note in one of two ways:
Mail (PREFERRED METHOD):
Attn: Account Consultant
140 University Hall #1111
2199 Addison Street
Berkeley, CA 94720-1111
Cal Student Central
Attn: Loan Document Processing
120 Sproul Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720
11. After 1-2 business days, your MPN and Entrance Interview Counseling record will be received by the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
12. If you do not have any holds and all your Financial Aid Tasks are completed, the loan will disburse to your student account. For more information on financial aid disbursements, see http://financialaid.berkeley.edu/financial-aid-payments-and-refunds
If you are having trouble accessing the Master Promissory Note as described above, please download a blank Master Promissory Note.