2016-17 PERKINS LOAN BORROWERS
If you’ve been awarded a Perkins Loan for Fall 2016 and/or Spring 2017, please follow the steps below:
1. Accept your loan through CalCentral (for Fall 2016 and beyond).
2. You will receive an email from ACS (our student loan servicer) in 2 to 3 days advising you to fulfill the next steps.
3. Complete your Entrance Loan Counseling (only after you’ve received the ACS email).
4. After finishing the Entrance Counseling, a separate window will appear for you to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN).
5. You should be able to complete the rest of the process electronically, OR
6. You may receive an error message such as this one:
7. PRINT the Promissory Note, write your Student ID number at the top, then sign and date in the appropriate areas. If you exit the process without printing, you will have to start over at Step 3 and complete the Entrance Loan Counseling again.
8. Deliver your original, wet-ink signed Promissory Note in one of two ways:
Mail (PREFFERED METHOD):
Attn: Account Consultant
140 University Hall #1111
2199 Addison Street
Berkeley, CA 94720-1111
Cal Student Central
Attn: Loan Document Processing
120 Sproul Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720
9. After 2 to 3 business days, your MPN and Entrance Loan Counseling will be received by the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
10. If you do not have any blocks and your student file is complete, the loan will disburse to your CARS account. For more information on financial aid disbursements, see: http://financialaid.berkeley.edu/financial-aid-payments-and-refunds
If you experience difficulty accessing the Promissory note as described in Step 7, you may download a blank Promissory Note at: http://studentbilling.berkeley.edu/PerkinsPromissoryNote.pdf