Student Billing Services

Student Account Refunds

When do they occur?

Refunds will be issued to students when the account has an eligible overpayment from personal funds or financial aid. Please see the “My Finances” page in CalCentral for a current account balance and list of refunds.

How are refunds disbursed?

For secure, convenient and timely receipt of refunds, we strongly recommend direct deposit to a bank account via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

Visit the EFT website to sign-up. Once EFT is activated, you may use this website to modify your EFT status or update your banking information.

If EFT is not activated, refunds will be issued via paper check and held for pickup at Cal Student Central. Please visit Cal Student Central for current hours and location.

Checks that are not picked up within 10 days will be mailed to the local address on file. Make sure your local address is current to avoid delays with returned mail.

No matter what method is used to process the refund, if you have an email address on file, a notice will be sent advising that the refund was issued.