Student Billing Services

CARS Payment Options

Students have several options for making payment either electronically or by check to their CARS account. Read further to learn more!


  • In-person payments, including cash payments, are no longer accepted at our service windows.
  • Credit cards are not accepted. Note: Credit cards are accepted by Summer Sessions for visiting student registration fees and by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for payment of the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) fee. These credit card payments are reflected on CARS account activity.
  • The Cal 1 Card cannot be used to pay a student's CARS account

Electronic Payment Options


Students can pay their CARS account via e-Check. Log into the Bear Facts web site, select the CARS tab, then click on the E-Bill link. Click the "I Agree" button located at the bottom of the page and proceed with making payment.

Parents and Others can also pay a student's CARS account via e-Check once the student has invited you to do so. View our helpful presentation to learn more.

One Time Payment Gateway:

Parents and Others can pay a student's CARS account via the One Time Payment Gateway. The option does not require special passwords or access; however, you must provide the student ID number, the student's last name and the amount you wish to pay. Go to the Bear Facts web site and click the "e-Bill/e-Check Access for Parents and Others (Non-Students)" link. Click on the "CARS One Time Payment" link located on the left-hand side.

Your bank's online bill payment service:

When setting up this option, ensure that payment is issued to UC Regents and the account number listed is your Student ID or UCB ID number (located on your E-Bill). Do not list any other information (such as student name, "UCB", "SID", etc) in the account number field.

Foreign currency

You can pay a CARS account in the currency of your choice via a Western Union bank-to-bank transfer.

Select this link to go directly to the Western Union website

Wire transfer:

Wire transfers are accepted for international payments. Please note that our bank may charge a small fee to receive the funds via wire transfer. Below is the information to provide to your bank:

UC Bank Name Bank of America, NA
Bank Account Number 01753-80001
Routing / Transit (ABA) Number 0260-0959-3
CHIPS Address 0959
Physical Address for Routing 100 West 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001 USA
Bank Address 1655 Grant Street., Concord, CA 94520 USA
Beneficiary University of California Regents
Beneficiary Information Be sure to include Student ID Number and student name
Amount Amount to wire; our bank and intermediary banks may deduct a processing fee (approx. $25)

Check Payment Options

Pay via check:

  • Payments by check or money order must be issued in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank.
  • Make checks payable to UC Regents.
  • Include your Student ID or UCB ID number on the memo line of the check.
  • Send your check payments via mail or by depositing it in our drop box.


Mail checks to:

University of California, Berkeley

Payment Services

140 University Hall, MC #1111

Berkeley, CA 94720-1111


Drop Box location:

Our drop box is located at the entrance of University Hall on the 2199 Addison Street side.

Outside Agency Scholarships

Checks for scholarships from outside agencies, including the California State Governor’s Scholarship Program, should be mailed to:

UC Berkeley
Financial Aid & Scholarships Office
18 Sproul Hall #1960
Berkeley, CA 94720-1960